It is a fact: I love caramel, and on pudding? It's a bless!
10ml hot water
200ml fresh milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
1. Melt sugar in a sauce pan, stir until golden brown.
2. Once it starts bubbling, stir in hot water then remove from heat.
3. Lightly grease the moulds, then fill each mould with about 1 teaspoon of caramel.
4. Swirl the mould to coat bottom of mould when the caramel is still hot.
5. Set aside for later use.
1. Bring together milk and sugar, bring to boil on low heat then stir in vanilla essence.
2. Turn the heat off and set aside for later use.
3. In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk eggs with sugar. Then pour in milk in stream, whisk rapidly until well blended.
4. Strain the mixture then fill each mould with mixture, and steam on low heat for 15-20 minutes. If using oven, place moulds in a tray then fill tray with water.
5. Cover tray with aluminium foil. Bake at preheated oven, 140ºC for 25-30 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off, let puddings stay in the steamer or oven for further 10 minutes.
7. Chill before serving.
To produce smooth texture custard, the mixture must be strained to remove bubbles then pour into mould gently.